Monday, December 15, 2008

what a FUN weekend!

Sorry I haven't written in a while. Last week I was CONSUMED with reading Tricia's, Helping Mayan Families, and Mayan Families blogs/websites I just didn't get to my own. Last week 25 AMAZING women went to Guatemala to provide Christmas parties, gifts, medicine, love, and all around cheer to HUNDREDS of people in The Land of Eternal Spring.


I cried every day, happy tears, reading about all the work that was done down there in just a week. But so much more is needed.


I want to go on this trip next year.


I also noticed I have not shared pictures of my gurlz in a while. So here are a FEW of the things we did this past weekend. I will spread out the events over a few blogs, to make it worth your while to come on back for more! :~)


I broke down and took the gurlz to see Elmo's Green Thumb. Not money I should have spent, but the memories and happy times are worth the extra month of paying it off. Joely is crazy for Elmo, Elaina likes him, but my almost 6 year old is moving on from these simple characters. However, she enjoyed the event as well. They both were dancing in the aisles, but those pics are either so blurry or so dark I didn't want to waste your time with those.


We had good seats on the floor, so the gurlz could see all the action.
Elaina sang at church (for another post). If you know my shy child then you are wondering if that is a true statement. Now, it was with about 20 other children, and she did not volunteer for one of the speaking parts, but I'll take these baby steps.

El and I also went to a Mother Daughter Tea with area Girl Scouts (she is a Daisy). (this will also be another post) But in between church and the tea, I snapped some photos of them, and then us, in front of our little tree. (I used the timer, so I will blame the camera for the poor quality and NOT the person who pushed the timer button.) :~P

I LOVE the happy smiles in the above picture.

Somebody tell me where to get a grant for an eye lift!!!!!! (I'm starting to age.)

Love my gurlz.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG you dont need a darn eye lift!!!! LOL
Your girls are soo cute!

I took my oldest daughter to Seasame Street live when she was a tot and it was sooooo fun..I cant wait to take Abby one day!

Hugs,leslie

Becca said...

I am planning on going back - come with me!!!!

Peace and Hugs,
Becca

Mama Bear said...

I know exactly how you feel, I sooo wanted to go with them this year but..............maybe next time! What great pictures of you three. Loved seeig them. We are going to see that show on Sunday so was really glad to see your post and actually see someone enjoyed it before we go!