Sunday, December 7, 2008

feeling so many emotions

Tonight the gurlz and I went to our first Christmas party of the season. We have been members of a group in the Northern Virginia area made up of families who have adopted from Guatemala. This group tries to get together about 3 - 4 times a year. When we do get together it is so much fun to watch the children interact. They laugh, run, share; they have no expectations from the other children except to just play.

I feel so blessed that my gurlz are in my life. They came home to a forever family. They are fed, clothed, bathed, sometimes read to when I am not exhausted, and most of all loved. There are over 143 million children around the world who need a forever family too. They need a story read to them, to be tucked into bed at night, and for someone to wipe away their tears.

I only set out to make a family, to adopt a little girl; someone I could have tea parties with, make a blanket fort with under the dining room table. I never knew that adoption would change me like this. I have seen the need, I have read the statistics, my heart has been moved.

Here's a way to help out orphans.

I hate that neither of my gurlz came home at 6, 7 , 8 months of age. I missed many of their firsts. But I have them now. I have seen and will see so many other significant firsts. They came home.

Last night I learned about a family who was adopting their second child from Guatemala, to add to their already large and loving family. However, that child will not be coming home. She was only weeks away from coming home to her forever family but was tragically killed in a home invasion. I just can't imagine their pain, their sorrow. I can tell from their blog that they are a strong Christian family, but I am sure this rocks them to their core.

A memorial fund has been established to help this family out. They still owe a lot from their adoption of Josi. They had just sent their last payment for the adoption last week. This horrible tragedy should never have to happen to anyone.

If you want to do something for this sweet family and do not know what to do, here is a wonderful way to honor precious Josi. They have a chip in button on their blog you can donate any amount to in Josi's name. Together we all can show our love to this family in their time of crisis. The chip in button is on their side bar of their blog where you can give your donation. Once you get through to Pay Pal, you can add a comment to your donation.

http://azhderianfamily.blogspot.com/



Here is my joy. These are the faces I am lucky enough to see every day.







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How blessed we are to have our healthy happy babies!!!!!

Hugs,Leslie

Mama Bear said...

I was so incredibly shocked to get home this week from vacation and read this horrific news. It just so tears at my heart.

I am so glad you had an awesome time last weekend and was so sorry we had to miss it.