Friday, October 31, 2008

I bow down to the prolific bloggers!

It has been 10 days since I last posted. Shame on me. How do you super bloggers do it all? I have "written" several blogs in my head these past few days, but I don't know where my brain filed those, so you're gonna get this one. I so meant to blog BEFORE we went on a little trip, but where did the time go. You Super Cyber Friends make blogging look so easy!

The Gurlz and I went out of town last Friday to drive to Alabama, my home state, the motherland, God's country, the place I LONG to be. We went home to have a court date with the Probate Judge of Morgan County to re-adopt my babygurl, and legally change her name.

While we were in Bama, we drove up to Lynchburg, TN, for the Jack Daniels BBQ, we watched Bama B.E.A.T. Tennessee in SEC football on the TV (we are STILL #2 in the nation, and have a perfect record). We went to a Trunk or Treat event at my parents' church, visited friends and family, had the court hearing (which lasted all of about 7 minutes) and ate way too much!

Fun was had by all!

It is easier to readopt in Bama than in Virginia, and since that is where we are trying to land and I still have some mail sent there and house some possesions there, it is technically home for us. At any rate, my gurl's gonna have an Alabama birth certificate, and the doctor's office can stop calling her a name I no longer recognize.



Their Pappaw, my Daddy, who Joely is named for. Feedin' her FAVORITE person goldfish.





Happy Halloween, ya'll!

My cuties!

Oma and her bundle.



Who dat in there?

My Barbie Mariposa



My little angel

This is where you have to stand for this game when you are two.



3 comments:

Tricia said...

Hey Terri!

Great pictures, lady!! Your girls look PRECIOUS and CONGRATS on the completed re-adoption!

Happy Halloweenie!

Daphne said...

You have such a beautiful family!

I'm from the North, and I wanted to name my daughter "Alabama". Nick-name "Bama". My husband, from the South, said NO WAY! Oh well... :)

Mama Bear said...

How beautiful and congratulations on the readoption. Way to go girl!